KIIS offers research with usage of computerized telephone survey (Computer Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI)).
KIIS has extensive experience in CATI research and relevant resources that allow providing of computerized telephone survey of any complexity, both nationwide and local.
Facilities of our CATI-center allow providing of more than 300 surveys of respondents in one day — what is much faster than usual personal (face-to-face) interview. We pay particular attention to the quality of information that we receive during the CATI research. It is achieved by supervision of interviewers during the interview.
Samples for CATI research are formed by RDD (Random Digital Dialing). Also KIIS use open database of numbers and its own base, which represents Ukraine's population by age and sex, for making up samples. KIIS use specialized database for conducting B2B research. KIIS has experience in research with top companies, public authorities and NGOs. CATI method helps to simplify the accessibleness of these respondents and obtain consent for conducting the interview.
KIIS has three rooms for computerized telephone surveys and 35 workstations.
KIIS has 75 trained interviewers and two supervisors, all of whom are fluent in both Ukrainian and Russian, for conducting computerized telephone surveys.
KIIS uses special software to implement CATI — "OCA-CATI", which is used for programming the questionnaire, data entry and work with phone numbers.
CATI KIIS has special equipment for listening interviewers’ work, and for recording interviews.
CATI usage can effectively solve various research tasks:
- In marketing research:
- Estimation of efficiency of advertising and media campaigns;
- Evaluation of the media efficiency as advertising for various audiences;
- Evaluation of market capacity and shares of different brands;
- Evaluation of customer demand for product or service;
- Measuring of goods or services rating;
- Assessment of brand/service awareness;
- Assessment of consumption level of trademark/service;
- Determine the socio-demographic characteristics of target audience and its consumer preferences;
The priority of marketing CATI research KIIS are:
- Study of consumer behavior at pharmaceutical market
- Study of consumer behavior at real estate market
- Study of consumer behavior at telecom market
- in the field of B2B (business-to-business) research:
- Assessment of market growth, forecasting potential growth;
- Market segmentation;
- Assessment of investment attractiveness of region/area;
- Study and analysis of competitive environment;
- Determining pricing strategy for services/products;
- Determining advertising strategy for services/products;
- Determining positioning for services/products;
- Study of consumption and attitudes toward services/products;
- Study of distribution systems, effective promotion methods.
- in the sphere of social and political studies:
- Assessment of current political events in country and locally;
- Research of ratings of political parties and political leaders;
- Study of image of political parties and political leaders;
- Tracking effectiveness of advertising and media campaigns of party or politician.
- high efficiency in conducting field research phase, information processing and analysis since the stage of data input is removed (data matrix is formed directly during the survey);
- better accessibility to inaccessible respondents compared with conventional face-to-face surveys;
- possibility to conduct a better quality control of interviewers, and adjust their activities if necessary;
- computer controlled passes on between questions can make survey more flexible (asking certain questions depending on answers to previous ones) while it helps to avoid possible mistakes of interviewers like omissions or incorrect passes on;
- standardized procedure for selecting respondents and re-calls in the program ensures uniformity of implementation and more efficient sampling calls.
- Ability to monitor filling of quotas and receive data daily.
Specific aspects of CATI research:
- Definitive size of profile is limited up to 25–35 questions for computerized telephone surveys;
- особливості сприйняття респондентом аудиальної інформації унеможливлює використання у питаннях великої кількості альтернатив.