Research of health
KIIS was the first who conducted a number of epidemiologic studies in Ukraine, some of which are still remaining the only one credible source of representative data for all Ukraine and its regions in health care issues.
Sociologicalhealth studies help to solve the next tasks:
- Estimate indicators, which cannot be measured statistically (for example, using contraceptives, alcohol and drug abuse, smoking etc.)
- Investigate social factors influencing health – such as social status, lifestyle etc.
- Discover relations between health and quality of life.
- Survey those who do not attend hospitals or other health care institutions (for example illegal abortion)
- Free use of qualitative research methods (focus-groups, participant observation etc.).